Thursday, October 22, 2009

I got an email the other day from a national magazine who is interested in running a possible story about us. My instructions were to take photos of the studio and the area surrounding it. Never needing an excuse to work the camera, I happily stepped outside to do my job.

It wasn't hard.

Everywhere I look I see beauty and inspiration down on the waterfront. As I strolled down to take this picture, there was an old man with his guitar singing some old Irish tunes basking in the sun tucked away behind the canisters. He spotted me and just kept singing. I stopped to enjoy the simplicity of it all...the music floating above the working lobsterman on their vessels down below, the sun putting warmth on our faces as the chill in the air reminds us that winter is nearing. When you live and work in a place like Portland, its hard to think it gets any better.

I sent my pics along to the magazine for their art meeting. I didn't comment about how they'll be fighting about which photographer gets to come to Maine and shoot these pics. I didn't have to. The pictures say it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment