Monday, January 24, 2011

Guest Blogger: Val Redpath

Hello! My name is Val Redpath and I am the studio and production assistant at Chart Metalworks. I have worked at Chart for nearly a year and my main task is to polish the metal. I love working for a small Maine based business. I always enjoy seeing the transformation from raw materials to a beautiful finished product. I have lived in Portland for 10 years now. In the past year working on Custom House Wharf has really deepened my appreciation for Portland's working waterfront. It was a chilling -10 degrees this morning when Charlotte and I came to work. It was an spectacular site to see the Atlantic Ocean smoking, the frigid water was actually warmer than the air. If you have ever swam in the Maine ocean, even in August, you would know it's cold sting.

When I am not at Chart, I enjoy spending time with my family. I have three year old son, Parker, who keeps me very busy. I also enjoy gardening, yoga, cooking, and creating my own jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment