Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Monday Chart Story: Janet Wyper, Beauchamp Point, Rockport HarborME

Here's a great story from Midcoast Maine. Janet customized a Rockport Harbor keychain featuring Beauchamp Point for her husband. I'll let Janet tell it in her own words:

My husband and I eloped on Valentine’s Day 25 years ago. I grew up in the Camden Rockport area and was living in Camden. My fiance was a sculptor working on his MFA in New York City. We had planned for him to drive up the night before and in the morning, ski down Beauchamp Point along the harbor to get married out on on "the ledges." But it rained all night, and melted a lot of the snow. In the morning we put on our mud boots and sloshed our way down the road with my neighbors who were our witnesses and my sister who as a notary public could marry us . We climbed over what snow was left on the muddy path and out to the ledge that hangs over Rockport Harbor. It was grey and windy and the sea spray dashed over the rocks. And it was perfect just as it was.

Wear your world. Tell your story. What is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment